AACC uses a learning management system (LMS) called Canvas to deliver all credit (and some noncredit) online and hybrid courses.
Many on-campus courses also use Canvas. Through Canvas, students can receive course updates and reminders. Canvas even has a mobile app!
Before You Begin
- Check your computer and web browser to determine if your system is ready for the LMS by reviewing the Technical Requirements for Canvas.
- Purchase your course materials. You can learn what materials are required by your course from the AACC Bookstore.
- We recommend completing the Virtual Campus Student Orientation (VCO 101) available to you in the LMS under the Help icon.
Note: first-time online students are automatically “enrolled” into VCO 101 and should complete the orientation prior to the course start date by accessing it from the Courses icon.
Accessing your Course
You can access your course as early as three days prior to the course start date by following these steps. (Note: Some course materials may not be available until the course start date.)
Canvas Mobile App
Your Canvas content goes everywhere with you on your mobile phone or tablet.
The Canvas by Instructure app allows you to:
- View your Canvas activity stream.
- Stay on top of your to do items.
- View your course schedule and syllabus.
- Read and participate in course discussions.
- Turn in homework assignments.
- Upload files, videos and audio recordings.
- Read, create and reply to inbox messages.
- Study and navigate course pages.
- View grades for your courses and individual assignments.
- View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor.
- Access and participate in Canvas groups.
Learn how to download and use the Canvas by Instructure app.
Looking for your class locations? Check out the AACC Mobile App for that feature.