AACC provides the Early College Access Program (ECAP) to qualifying home-instruction students living in Anne Arundel County and to students attending participating private schools.
With the approval of your school principal, counselor, or appropriate school official, and with a GPA of 2.0 or above, you may be eligible to receive a 50% reduction in tuition. Eligible students may participate through the spring semester of their senior year.
Learn how to enroll as an ECAP student.
- Annapolis Area Christian School
- Archbishop Spalding
- Arundel Christian School
- Calvary Baptist Christian Academy
- Granite Baptist Christian School
- Indian Creek Upper School
- The Key School
- Maven Academy
- Odenton Christian School
- Rockbridge Academy
- St. Mary's High School
- Home instruction program
Procedures for Participation
Home Instruction and private school students
- All first-time students must apply to AACC.
- Complete the application for AACPS Home Instruction and Private School Students.
- Email the completed ECAP application to the Cashier's Office at email@example.com.
- The ECAP Application for Private and Home Instruction Students also must be submitted to the Cashier's Office for every enrollment term to request consideration for the special tuition reduction.
- Students participating in the Early College Access Program must comply with all Anne Arundel Community College academic policies and regulations and demonstrate eligibility or prerequisite completion for all courses for which they wish to register.
Home Instruction Students
Contact the AACPS Home Instruction Office and request that the ECAP Verification form be sent to AACC for each applicable term.
Not sure if you qualify for ECAP?
The 50% discount applies to students who attend AACPS, are AACPS affiliated home-schooled students or attend a partnering private school.
Check with our admissions team if:
- The courses you’d like to take are not approved by your school principal or counselor
- You’d like to take more than two courses
- You’re not sure if your private school participates in ECAP
- You attend a school other than an Anne Arundel County public school or partnering private school
- You have any other circumstances that prompt you to question whether you're qualified
Visit our financial aid page to learn more about how to qualify for the Early College Access Grant (ECAG) which can offer financial assistance to those who are eligible.