If you love working with animals, take the first step towards your new career with AACC’s Veterinary Assisting program.
Reviewed by the Maryland Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, this program delivers hands-on veterinary assisting training and real world experience in a vet’s office.
This training consists of three noncredit courses and an internship.
- CCS-533 Veterinary Assistant 1: Outpatient Diagnostics and Pharmacy
- CCS-534 Veterinary Assistant 2: Inpatient, Surgery and Emergency
- OPA-353 Career Development for Veterinary Assistants
- Unpaid clinical internships - 54 total hours
Work as a veterinary assistant can be a rewarding career path:
- Employment is expected to grow by 20 percent nationally through 2027.
- Job opportunities can be found in animal hospitals, clinics and laboratories
Source: Emsi 2018.4
- Attend an information session. View and register for upcoming dates.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Provide proof of medical insurance
- Able to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- Provide proof of tetanus shot within the last 10 years
- Must successfully pass the TABE reading assessment
- Must take the Health Profession Arithmetic Placement test with a composite score of 27 or better
- 5.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU's)
- Continuing Education Vet Assisting Certificate
$1,168 for Anne Arundel County residents, including tuition and fees.
This program requires some additional steps before you can register. Contact Megan Stakolosa at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.