If you love working with animals, take the first step towards your new career with AACC’s Veterinary Assisting program. Reviewed by the Maryland Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners, this program delivers hands-on veterinary assisting training and real world experience in a vet’s office.
Training consists of two noncredit courses and an internship:
- CCS-533 Veterinary Assistant 1: Outpatient Diagnostics and Pharmacy.
- CCS-534 Veterinary Assistant 2: Inpatient, Surgery and Emergency.
- Unpaid clinical internships - 54 total hours.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Provide proof of medical insurance.
- Able to lift 40 pounds without assistance.
- Provide proof of tetanus shot within the last ten years.
- Must take the Health Profession Arithmetic Placement Test with a composite score of 27 or better.
- 5.8 Continuing Education Units (CEU's).
- Continuing Education Vet Assisting Certificate.
$1,168 for Anne Arundel County residents, including tuition and fees.
Work as a veterinary assistant can be a rewarding career path:
- Employment is expected growth by 13 percent through 2018.
- Job opportunities can be found in animal hospitals, clinics and laboratories.
This program requires some additional steps before you can register. To learn more or to schedule an appointment at the Glen Burnie Town Center, contact Minnie Jones at 410-777-2922 or email@example.com.