Back to Top

Earn Your Associate Degree through Reverse Transfer

Earning your associate degree can open the door to a better job and higher salary, and it’s an important milestone in your college education.

Reverse transfer allows you to earn your associate degree while working toward your bachelor’s degree. Reverse transfer is the process to transfer credits from your four-year institution back to AACC. We then review all of your college coursework to determine if you have completed the requirements for your associate degree at AACC.

Watch a video from the Maryland Higher Education Commission to learn more.

Criteria for Reverse Transfer Review

Anne Arundel Community College has reverse transfer partnerships with:

  • Coppin State University
  • Notre Dame of Maryland University
  • Towson University
  • University of Baltimore.
  • University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
  • University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC)

If you transferred recently from AACC to one of the partner institutions, you will be notified that you may meet the criteria for an associate degree. If you have transferred to an institution not listed above, that's OK! Review the general criteria below and follow the steps under How Do I Get Started? 

Generally, to be considered for reverse transfer review, a student must have at least:

  • 15 credits at AACC
  • Minimum 2.00 AACC GPA
  • 60 total credits

If you're not sure whether you meet the criteria for reverse transfer review, contact us.

How Do I Get Started?

I Transferred to One of the Partner Institutions Listed Above. 

The process for each reverse transfer partner institution varies and the instructions to get started are sent in a notification from AACC or your four-year institution. If you haven't received an email from us, complete the Advising - Reverse Transfer Degree Application and send AACC your official college transcripts for review. 

I Did Not Transfer to One of the Partner Institutions Listed Above. 

If you did not transfer to one of our current reverse transfer partner institutions, you can start the review process by completing the Advising - Reverse Transfer Degree Application form and sending AACC your official college transcripts. We then will review all of your college coursework and see how it applies toward an associate degree.

Reverse Transfer Contact Information

Send the Advising - Reverse Transfer Degree Application to:

Anne Arundel Community College
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012

Or scan and email to 

Be sure to mail your sealed official transcripts to:

Anne Arundel Community College
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012


We're here to help.

Records & Registration