The Student Achievement and Success Program is a support and retention program at Anne Arundel Community College designed to increase the academic success, retention, graduation and transfer of students who may have more barriers and challenges to overcome in order to realize their goals. These students are traditionally first generation, low income, under prepared and minority students.
Our physical office in Truxal Library Room 129 in Arnold will be open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In-person services are also available at AACC at Arundel Mills Room 105E on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Remote services are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Becoming a SASP student pays off!
Eligible SASP students receive an incentive scholarship of up to $1,000 an academic year, plus access to the se services:
- Personalized educational planning, goal setting and course selection each term by appointment
- Individual assistance in overcoming any barriers or challenges you encounter during your college experience
- Lending library of textbooks, course material access codes, laptops and calculators
- Access to virtual, faculty-led tutoring for a variety of subjects
- Help identifying and applying for financial aid, including completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), state and institutional scholarships, and educational benefits for U.S. Armed Forces veterans and their families
- Invitations to exclusive virtual events, such as JUST TALK forums, guest speakers, panel discussions, virtual field trips, success workshops and other social activities
- Virtual transfer information sessions with other colleges and universities
- Access to a private SASP study hall (not available in virtual environment)
Who can join?
You can, if you answer YES to any of the following statements.
- Your parents don't have bachelor’s degrees.
- AACC requires you to take at least one developmental course.
- Your FAFSA shows you qualify for financial aid.
- You belong to a minority group.
- You are a military or veteran student.
How do I apply?
- Schedule an appointment: 410-777-2530 or email SASP@aacc.edu.
- Complete a SASP Application.