Ease into your new college experience through AACC’s summer transition programs: Bridge to Success and the Black Male Initiative Early Arrival. These experiences are designed to provide incoming students extra tools and resources to jump-start your first year in college.
Bridge to Success
Bridge to Success is a free, four-week program designed to prepare you to transition to college in an engaging and inclusive environment. Whether you’ve just finished high school, earned your GED, or are returning after a few years out of school, we are here to help. Our goal is to make your transition to college smooth, and we provide plenty of resources to help you be successful.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 8-Aug. 2, 2019, Arnold
English language version
Spanish language version
- Attend at no cost.
- Introduction to academic expectations and strategies, and support to help you reach your goals.
- Receive an introduction to college-level reading, English and math
- Opportunity to retake the Accuplacer placement test.
- Experience diverse cultures and life skills through educational and social activities as well as field trips.
- Explore career fields.
- Learn about college resources and services.
- Connect with advisors, faculty, peer mentors and students.
- Possible incentive scholarship up to $200 for the fall term.
- Possible assistance with transportation.
- Lunch is provided.
How to Apply
- Apply to the college by June 7, 2019.
- Determine your placement into courses by June 7, 2019.
- Submit a Bridge to Success application [coming soon] before June 14, 2019.
- Attend a mandatory Bridge to Success orientation on June 27, 2019.
Space is limited. Notification of acceptance will occur by June 19, 2019.