Ease into your new college experience through AACC’s summer transition programs: Bridge to Success and the Black Male Initiative Early Arrival. These experiences are designed to provide incoming students extra tools and resources to jump-start your first year in college.
Bridge to Success
Bridge to Success is a free, four-week program designed to prepare you to transition to college in an engaging and inclusive environment. Whether you’ve just finished high school, earned your GED, or are returning after a few years out of school, we are here to help. Our goal is to make your transition to college smooth and provide plenty of resources to help you be successful.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 6-31, 2020, Arnold
English language version
Spanish language version
- Attend at no cost.
- Introduction to academic expectations and strategies, and support to help you reach your goals.
- Prepare for college-level English and math.
- Review placement levels in English and math.
- Experience diverse cultures and life skills through educational/social activities, and community outings.
- Explore career fields.
- Learn about college resources and services.
- Connect with advisors, faculty, peer mentors and students.
- Possible incentive scholarship up to $200 for the fall term.
- Possible assistance with transportation.
- Lunch is provided.
How to Apply
- Apply to the college by Thursday, June 4, 2020.
- Determine your placement into courses by Friday, June 12, 2020.
- Submit a completed Bridge to Success application packet before Wednesday, June 16, 2020.
- Attend a mandatory Bridge to Success orientation on Thursday, June 25, 2020.
Space is limited. Notification of acceptance will occur by June 19, 2020.