Back to Top

Admissions or Financial Aid may require you to verify that you graduated high school, received a GED® diploma or completed the National External Diploma Program. This page provides information about the documents you should submit.

If you did not complete high school, you’re still welcome at AACC and there’s information here for you too.

High School Graduates

To verify that you graduated from high school, you should submit:

  • Final high school transcripts with graduation notation


  • Photocopy of your high school diploma

Photocopies of final high school transcripts or diplomas are acceptable for AACC admission and financial aid, and can be submitted by mail, fax, email attachment or through a third-party transcript service.

Include your AACC ID number and submit documents for review to:

Anne Arundel Community College
Records and Registration Office
101 College Parkway
Arnold, MD 21012


fax to 410-777-2489


email to

If you intend to apply to a health professions program, you must submit an official high school transcript to the Records and Registration office either by mail in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official/sending institution or electronically through a third party transcript service indicating as the recipient.  

Maryland Private Schools 

AACC uses the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) official listing of nonpublic schools to determine high school graduation status. AACC makes every attempt to verify nonpublic high schools in other states, but may request further information from the student or high school to determine high school graduation status.

Home School Programs

Home-schooled students should submit a copy of their high school diploma and final high school transcript that notates graduation. Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) publishes a list of registered entities approved to supervise home instruction of Maryland students. AACC uses this list, or similar lists for other states, in conjunction with the diploma and high school transcript to review high school graduation status. If your home-school supervising entity is not on this list, you must submit a diploma, an official high school transcript with notation of graduation, and a signed letter from your county's home-school supervisor documenting that state home instruction requirements were met.

High Schools Outside of the United States

AACC uses documents listed on the World Education Services (WES) website or the Education Credential Evaluators website to determine foreign high school equivalent to U.S. high school graduation. Students should submit copies of the secondary school documents listed on these websites. Notarized English translations are needed in addition to the required documents for some languages. Contact Records and Registration at 410-777-2243 with questions about necessary documents.

Online High Schools

AACC recognizes some online high schools. Online high schools must be authorized by the state to issue high school diplomas.

GED® and NEDP Graduates

To verify that you earned a GED® or completed the NEDP, please submit:

  • A copy of your diploma


  • GED® examination results

If you’re unable to locate your Maryland GED® diploma or examination results, you can request a copy of your GED® test score transcripts from the GED® testing service. To request an official NEDP transcript, visit the Maryland Department of Labor website. Students with the GED® or NEDP credentials from another state should contact that state for a copy.


HiSET is a national high school equivalency testing program offered by Educational Testing Service (ETS) and is an alternative to the GED. Anne Arundel Community College does not accept the HiSET test as the equivalent to a high school diploma or GED for financial aid purposes. The HiSET test has not yet been approved by the state of Maryland, however, it has been approved in other states. If you previously lived in another state that accepts this test and can document your previous residency in that state, you may submit your HiSET test scores and proof of residency to the Records and Registration office for review. Scores will be reviewed on an individual basis.

If You Did Not Complete High School

If you are 16 or older and never completed a formal high school program or received an approved diploma, you are still eligible to apply for admission to Anne Arundel Community College. However, you may not be eligible for federal financial aid and you should meet with an academic advisor before enrolling in classes to discuss career and educational goals. We want to place you on the best path for your success.

If you’re interested in earning your GED® diploma or completing the NEDP, AACC offers preparation courses. For information, contact Adult Basic Skills.


We're here to help.

Records & Registration

Text Us

at 410-777-1212