Although our physical doors at AACC are closed in response to COVID-19, the Tobacco Cessation Program nurses are working remotely, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Now more than ever, lung health is so important! Our nurses will help you begin or continue your transition to a nicotine-free lifestyle through weekly phone conversations and mailed nicotine patches, gum and lozenges.
If you would like to speak with a nurse, call 410-777-2480 and leave a voicemail with your name, AACC ID number and a phone number for us to call you back (be sure your voicemail is set up). If you call during our normal business hours, we will respond within one hour.
Call 911 for medical emergencies or Mobile Crisis at 410-768-5522 for mental health or substance use crisis.
The Tobacco Cessation office is located in the Health & Wellness Center, Student Union Room 120. The office is staffed by registered nurses with specialized certifications in tobacco cessation and provides FREE cessation assistance.
What We Offer
One-on-one tobacco cessation services with FREE nicotine patches, gum and lozenges.
For information call 410-777-2480 or email email@example.com.
Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
No person shall use tobacco, tobacco product(s), and/or tobacco substitute(s) on any property owned, operated, leased, or managed by Anne Arundel Community College, including, but not limited to, buildings, parking lots, college-owned vehicles, fields/lawns and venues rented or controlled for college-sponsored activities. This policy further prohibits the promotion, marketing, advertising, sampling, distribution, or sale of the tobacco products and substitutes listed below by any person or company on any of the college properties described above.
This policy applies to all forms of tobacco, tobacco products, tobacco substitutes and tobacco delivery devices. Prohibited products and devices include all tobacco-derived or containing products or substitutes, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, pipes, chewing tobacco, snuff, snus, dissolvable tobacco, other smokeless tobacco.
- E-cigarettes, electronic nicotine delivery systems, hookahs, and other devices whose products are inhaled and/or which produce a vapor.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product which has an actual or potential effect upon a nonuser.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product existing at the time this policy is adopted.
- Any tobacco-, nicotine- or smoking-related product which may be developed in the future.
- Smoking/tobacco cessation products such as nicotine patches, gum and similar products or physician-prescribed medications are not restricted by this policy.
Anne Arundel County Department of Health Learn to Live
- Free counseling and quit smoking aids for Anne Arundel County adults age 18 and above.
Maryland Tobacco Quit Line/ Maryland Smoking Stops Here
- 800-QUITNOW (800-784-8669).
- Free smoking cessation, quit plan, coaching, information and referrals.
Smokefree.gov/National Cancer Institute
- Step-by-step quit smoking guide and resources.
- 24/7 encouragement, advice and tips to help young adult smokers quit smoking for good.