Have you been searching for the right place to hatch [pitch] that unique or original idea that solves a problem or creates a convenience?
The Big Idea Competition is the event for you! Imagine your audience is made up of potential investors or you're making a video for a ”Go Fund Me" page or pitching on "Shark Tank." Then, submit your video online to the competition to compete for cash prizes.
The Big Idea Competition is an opportunity for AACC students to pitch a unique or original idea via video submitted online. You are encouraged to get creative and identify opportunities that solve a problem or create a convenience. Your video should be persuasive, imagining that your audience is made up of potential investors.
Online judges will review submitted videos and score submissions. Top videos will be viewed 3:30-4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 12 in Humanities Room 112 during the Big Idea Viewing Party and Awards Ceremony. Entrepreneurs Scholarship recipients will also be announced at the event.
1st Place: $1,000
2nd Place: $500
3rd Place: $250
Fan Favorite: $250 will be awarded to the video with the most votes based on daily votes online from November 8th 8 a.m. to November 12th at 8 a.m.
AACC Idea: $250 will be awarded to a big idea focused on AACC. Open to students, faculty, and staff. Students must include a faculty or staff member on their team in order to compete in this category.
- Must be an AACC student in good standing (financially and academically) who is currently enrolled in at least one credit or non-credit course or has completed at least one course at AACC between Jan. 1, 2019 and Oct. 24, 2019.*
- Must have a Student ID.
- Must complete the FAFSA.
- If a group enters, at least 50% of the team, and preferably more, of the group must meet the above enrollment criteria. All group members must be clearly identified in the submission, and a contact name, telephone, and e-mail address must be provided.
- All ideas must be original. The entrant must attest to those facts in the submission.
- By submitting your Big Idea, you understand, agree and authorize your video to be publicly viewed.
- Must submit a video between 90 and 120 seconds. Videos will be cut off after 120 seconds.
- Must submit a video online and by the deadline of noon, Thursday, Oct. 24, 2019.
- Please submit using the following video format requirements:
- Best Format: .MPEG2 HD 1920x1080, .MOV files, MP4 files or links to YouTube.
- Must stay within the maximum length: 90 to 120 seconds. Videos will be cut after 120 seconds.
- Use a microphone as close to your subject as possible without getting it in the shot. Or, use a clip-on lavaliere (lapel) mic.
- Make sure your surroundings are quiet, unless that is part of your video.
- Use good lighting. Make sure your subject is well lit. Shoot outdoors if possible.
- Watch for “photo bombers” as they will rob your viewer’s attention.
*The AACC Big Idea is focused on big ideas to improve AACC. This category must include at least one faculty or staff member.